Velocity Works is excited to now offer our Advanced Pistol Course!
So you’ve taken your CHL class, met the state minimums for training, and have obtained your carry permit. While that is a great first step, shooting well is a perishable skill and your training should never conclude. Most concealed carry courses are forced to settle for only a limited amount of live fire drills due to constraints on time and student skill level. We’ve received requests from multiple customers for a course with less classroom and MORE SHOOTING!
We’ve crafted a course that is a natural progression from our concealed carry course, with a focus on drills that enhance skills needed in real-life self defense scenarios. Our course is conducted at our private, outdoor range where we can engage in drills that simply can’t be duplicated by our competitors at indoor lane shooting ranges.
Topics and drills covered include:
- Drawing your firearm from a holster
- Malfunction drills and remedies
- Pistol retention and manipulation
- Multi target engagement and priority
- Moving and shooting
- Shooting from cover
- Tactical reloading
We limit the class size to 6 students to facilitate plenty of personal instruction. Our goal with this course is to keep students shooting skills fresh and teach them skills and build them the confidence that can save their lives in a realistic self-defense scenario.
- A suitable self defense semi-automatic pistol (i.e. no “mouse guns”)**
- Holster (We’d be happy to make you a custom holster for your firearm)
- At least 2 magazines (3 or more recommended, especially if you’ll be using a lower capacity firearm)
- Magazine carrier suggested
- Must be familiar w/ basic manipulation and use of chosen firearm
- One year practical shooting experience
- The ability to hit a 12″ target at 15′ distance
- Approx 250 rounds of your chosen caliber ammunition
**Examples: Ruger LCP, S&W Bodyguard .380, Beretta Tomcat, etc… Mouse guns certainly play a role in self defense, but these types of firearms just won’t work well for this particular course.
The cost of the course is
$200 per student — Limited Time Price of just $159/student*, and students are required to furnish their own ammunition. Use the links to sign up, and feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.We’d be happy to discuss helping you further your training!
*OH sales tax applies